Career Outcomes & Job Titles
People who choose a an online information assurance and security degree often pursue senior leadership, consulting, or faculty positions in information security within military, government, education, and private sectors.
Potential Employment Settings
- Community college
- Global technology firm
- Government—local, state, federal
- Health care
- Information technology consulting firm
- Insurance firm
- Land-based or online college or university
Common Job Titles/Positions
- Adjunct or part-time faculty
- Full-time faculty
- Information security consultant
- Information security executive
- Information security manager
- Vice president of information security
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain, and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.
†Some jobs may prefer or even require certifications, such as PMP, CISSP, CCSA, etc. We encourage you to research requirements for your job target and career goals.