Career Outcomes & Job Titles
People who choose the online information technology education degree are often postsecondary IT instructors seeking advancement or IT professionals who want to teach or consult.
Potential Employment Settings
- Community college
- Continuing education
- Government—local, state, federal
- Information technology consulting firm
- Information technology firm
- Land-based or online college or university
- Training and development organizations
Common Job Titles/Positions
- Adjunct or part-time faculty
- Full-time faculty
- Department Chair
- Information technology curriculum developer
- Certified trainer
- Senior technical trainer/instructor
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain, and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.
†Some jobs may prefer or even require certifications, such as PMP, CISSP, CCSA, etc. We encourage you to research requirements for your job target and career goals.