Bachelor's Psychology Scholarships
Our bachelor’s in psychology program will fuel your passion for understanding human behavior. Enroll in an eligible program by Oct. 8, 2018, and meet all eligibility requirements and you might save up to $11,426. Apply for a $5,000 Bachelor’s Psychology Scholarship, or a $3,000 Bachelor’s Psychology Pre-Counseling Scholarship and receive up to four free general-education courses from Sophia Learning to apply to your program for added savings of up to $6,426.*
*Bring your four Sophia Pathways courses to Capella, and we’ll apply up to 18 credits to your program, saving you up to $6,426 in Sophia Learning and Capella tuition costs. Savings may vary, based on the number of Sophia Pathways courses you take and current Capella University tuition prices. Prices subject to change.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student enrolled in and accepted into an eligible program in August, September, or October 2018. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt. Returning students must pass first course taken upon readmission to Capella.
Quarterly Eligibility Requirements for Scholarship Disbursement:
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP PDF).
- Following your first course, you must enroll in nine or more credits in each quarter of the scholarship period.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply now for the scholarship. Complete the appropriate application.
- Begin courses on Aug. 6, Sept. 10, or Oct. 8, 2018.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your first course begins. Applications received after your first course begins will not be considered.
The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible GuidedPath program. Depending on the program you enter, the scholarship will be applied to your Capella account during the third week of each quarter in the following disbursements:
- BS Psychology: $5,000, disbursed over 10 consecutive quarters ($500 per quarter)
- BS Psychology Pre-Counseling: $3,000, disbursed over six consecutive quarters ($500 per quarter)
||Date of first scholarship disbursement
|August, September, or October 2018
- Recipients who do not remain enrolled through the first two weeks of the quarter will forfeit the award for that quarter.
- Recipients who change to an ineligible program, graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15 percent.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address the cost of attendance, including but not limited to, tuition.
- Capella University faculty and staff, their spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Sophia Learning: An accelerated, flexible, low-cost option for general education.
Complete your bachelor's general-education with Sophia Learning, Capella's learning partner. Courses are offered online through Sophia Pathways—take them whenever you like, at your own pace, for less.
Sophia Pathways Courses Details:
- Recipients of the scholarship will receive access to free Sophia Pathways courses after completing their first Capella course.
- Once you receive access to free Sophia Pathways courses, you may complete them at any time while enrolled in an eligible program at Capella University.
- Offer can only be used toward courses not yet started.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.844.291.5783 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.