EdD Capstone Scholarship
Capella is offering a $5,000 scholarship opportunity for new students in the Doctor of Education program. As you progress toward your doctorate, we’ll support you every step of the way, and when you get to your capstone, we'll help ease the financial burden with a $5,000 scholarship so you can focus on the finish line, not on finding the money to keep going.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student accepted into and enrolled in an eligible doctoral program at Capella University in August, September, or October 2018. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt. Returning students must pass first course taken upon readmission to Capella.
- Scholarship disbursements must be earned and received during the first 14 quarters of your EdD program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply for the EdD Capstone Scholarship.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses Aug. 6, Sept. 10, or Oct. 8, 2018.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your first course begins; applications received after your course begins will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- The $5,000 scholarship will be applied to your Capella account equally over two consecutive quarters ($2,500 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter beginning your first quarter of capstone, pending your satisfaction of eligibility requirements.
- Recipients who do not remain enrolled through the first two weeks of the quarter will forfeit the award for that quarter.
- Recipients who change to an ineligible program, graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15 percent.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address the cost of attendance, including but not limited to, tuition.
- Capella University faculty and staff, their spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.888.654.2386 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.