MS in Higher Education Scholarship
Build on your teaching expertise in adult and postsecondary education with a master’s degree in higher education. Capella wants to help you get started on your degree with a $1,500 scholarship for new students who enroll in an eligible master’s program by June 2018, apply for the scholarship, and meet eligibility requirements.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student accepted into and enrolled in an eligible GuidedPath MS in Higher Education degree program at Capella University in April, May, or June 2018. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt. Returning learners must pass first course taken upon readmission to Capella.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply now for the MS in Higher Education Scholarship.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on April 9, May 7, or June 4, 2018.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your first course begins. Applications received after your first course begins will not be considered.
- The $1,500 scholarship will be applied to your Capella account equally over three consecutive quarters ($500 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first scholarship disbursement
|May or June 2018
- Recipients who do not remain enrolled through the first two weeks of the quarter will forfeit the award for that quarter.
- Recipients who change to an ineligible program, graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15 percent.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including but not limited to, tuition.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.844.869.7204 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.