MS in Human Services Scholarship
Fill the need in public and private sectors for human service professionals with leadership skills. Capella’s $4,000 scholarship opportunity is offered to new students who enroll in an eligible master's program and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student enrolled in and accepted into an eligible master’s in human services program at Capella University in November or December 2018, or January 2019. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP PDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt. Returning students must pass first course taken upon readmission to Capella.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply for the MS in Human Services Scholarship
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on Nov. 5, or Dec. 3, 2018, or Jan. 7, 2019.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your first course begins. Applications received after your first course begins will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible GuidedPath program.
- The $4,000 scholarship will be applied to your Capella account equally over seven consecutive quarters ($571 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first scholarship disbursement
November or December 2018, or January 2019
- Recipients who do not remain enrolled through the first two weeks of the quarter will forfeit the award.
- Recipients who change to an ineligible program, graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15%.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address the cost of attendance, including but not limited to, tuition.
- Capella University faculty and staff, their spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.