Public Service Master's Scholarship
Management, leadership, collaboration: these in-demand skills are necessary to meet the challenges of public service. Capella degrees focused on public service offer a multidisciplinary program that provides a depth of knowledge in these areas that can help enhance your expertise and help you lead in your profession. Capella University is pleased to announce a $3,000 scholarship opportunity for new students who enroll in an eligible master's program—including MS in Criminal Justice, MS in Emergency Management, MS in Human Services, or MPA—and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student starting a public service master’s program at Capella University in January, February or March 2017. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP PDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt.
- Must be accepted into and enrolled in an eligible public service program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply now for the Public Service Master's Scholarship.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on January 9, February 6, or March 6, 2017.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, March 6, 2017. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- The $3,000 scholarship will be applied to each recipient's Capella account equally over 7 consecutive quarters ($429 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter.
||Date of first scholarship disbursement
|February or March 2017
- If the recipient does not remain continuously enrolled or does not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15%.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition.
- Recipients who graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children, are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.877.452.5209 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.