Prepare for a rewarding career and make a difference in the fast-paced, evolving field of nursing. Capella is pleased to offer nursing scholarships that can set you on a direct path to move forward in your career. Start now and apply for a:
- $5,000 scholarship for DNP, BSN-to-DNP, or DNP Prep program options
- $4,000 scholarship for MSN* or RN-to-MSN* program options
- $4,000 scholarship, plus four free Sophia courses, worth combined savings of up to $10,048**, for the RN-to-BSN* program
- $1,200 scholarship for nursing certificates
*The FlexPath option for this program is not eligible for the scholarship.
**Bring your four Sophia courses to Capella, and we’ll apply up to 18 credits to your program, saving you up to $6,048 in Sophia and Capella tuition costs. Savings may vary, based on the number of Sophia courses you take and current Capella University tuition prices. Prices subject to change.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student enrolled in and accepted into an eligible GuidedPath program in January, February, March, or April 2018. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP PDF).
- Must successfully pass your first course upon first attempt. Returning students must pass first course taken upon readmission to Capella.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply now for the scholarship. Complete the application for the program you are seeking:
- Begin courses on Jan. 8, Feb. 5, Mar. 5, or Apr. 9, 2018.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your first course begins. Applications received after your first course begins will not be considered.
The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible GuidedPath program. Depending on the program you enter, the scholarship will be applied to your Capella account in the following disbursements:
- DNP, BSN-to-DNP, or DNP Prep: $5,000, disbursed equally over seven consecutive quarters ($714 per quarter)
- MSN or RN-to-MSN: $4,000, disbursed equally over seven consecutive quarters ($571 per quarter)
- RN-to-BSN: $4,000, disbursed equally over six consecutive quarters ($667 per quarter)
- Certificates: $1,200, disbursed equally over three consecutive quarters ($400 per quarter)
||Date of first scholarship disbursement
|February, March, or April 2018
- Recipients who do not remain enrolled through the first two weeks of the quarter will forfeit the award for that quarter.
- Recipients who change to an ineligible program, graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15 percent.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address the cost of attendance, including but not limited to, tuition.
- Capella University faculty and staff, their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Sophia Learning: An accelerated, flexible, low-cost option for general education.
Complete your bachelor's general education with Sophia Learning, Capella's learning partner. Courses are offered online through Sophia Pathways—take them whenever you like, at your own pace, for less.
Sophia Pathways Courses Details:
- Recipients of the scholarship will receive access to free Sophia Pathways courses after completing their first Capella course.
- Once you receive access to free Sophia Pathways courses, you may complete them at any time while enrolled in an eligible program at Capella University.
- Offer can only be used toward courses not yet started.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.