PhD in Education Dissertation Scholarship
Capella is offering a $10,000 scholarship opportunity for new students to meet their degree goals with a PhD in Education program. Pursue your goals of a doctoral degree in education, and when you get to your comprehensive exam and dissertation phase, we'll help ease the financial burden with a $10,000 scholarship to help you focus on the finish line, not on finding the money to keep going.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student accepted into and enrolled in an eligible doctoral program at Capella University in August, September, or October, 2018. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic StandingPDF) and/or good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAPPDF).
- Must successfully complete all coursework and residencies before beginning the comprehensive exam and dissertation.
- Scholarship disbursements must be earned and received during the first 23 quarters of your PhD program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply for the PhD in Education Dissertation Scholarship.
- Begin courses Aug. 6, Sept. 10, or Oct. 8, 2018
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your first course begins; applications received after your course begins will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- The $10,000 scholarship will be applied to your Capella account equally over five consecutive quarters ($2,000 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter beginning the first quarter of your comprehensive exam, pending meeting eligibility requirements.
- Recipients who do not remain enrolled through the first two weeks of the quarter will forfeit the award for that quarter.
- Recipients who change to an ineligible program, graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15 percent.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address the cost of attendance, including but not limited to, tuition.
- Capella University faculty and staff, their spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.888.654.2386 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.