PhD in Psychology Deliver Your Dissertation Scholarship
Combine scholarly research with practical experience to make valuable contributions to the individuals you serve. Capella University is pleased to offer a $6,000 scholarship to ease the financial burden during pivotal aspects of your program, so you can focus on the finish line, not on finding the money to keep going.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements PDF.
- Must be a new student accepted into and enrolled in an eligible program at Capella University in November or December 2018, or January 2019. Former students reapplying to the university are also eligible.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing PDF) and good financial aid satisfactory academic progress (3.01.05 FASAP PDF).
- Must have completed three quarters of your dissertation research seminar during the first 23 quarters of your PhD psychology program.
- Must have completed the comprehensive exam and four quarters of dissertation during the first 28 quarters of your PhD psychology program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella, skip this step.
- Apply now for the PhD in Psychology Deliver Your Dissertation Scholarship.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses on Nov. 5, or Dec. 3, 2018, or Jan. 7, 2019.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Apply before your first course begins. Applications received after your first course begins will not be considered.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible GuidedPath program.
- The $6,000 scholarship will be applied to your Capella account equally over eight quarters ($750 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter you are enrolled in a dissertation research seminar (three quarters), comprehensive exam (one quarter), and dissertation (four quarters), pending meeting eligibility requirements.
- Recipients who do not remain enrolled through the first two weeks of the quarter will forfeit the award for that quarter.
- Recipients who change to an ineligible program, graduate, discontinue, or withdraw from Capella will have all future scholarship disbursements cancelled.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Capella grants, scholarships, or discounts in excess of 15%.
- The scholarship may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including but not limited to, tuition.
- Capella University faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1.866.739.7361 to learn more about this scholarship opportunity and explore Capella programs.
Please print this page for your records.