Earning a BSN adds value not only to your life but to the lives of your patients, with BSN nurses being prized for their skills in attention to detail communication, ethics and more. Capella’s RN to BSN online specialization offers you a flexible option designed for working adults, while also providing you with the essential support required to ensure degree completion.
Capella recognizes the importance and validity of the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) recommendation that health care organizations increase their bachelor's prepared RN staff to 80% by 2020* with this RN to BSN online specialization. The program also incorporates the standards established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and is accredited** by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Transfer Credits: Students can transfer up to 135 credits reducing the time to complete the program significantly. Estimate your cost and graduation date.
- Tuition Discounts: Reduce the cost of funding your degree by utilizing a range of benefits including employer discounts, military benefits and membership discounts from associations such as the ANA.
- Online Learning: Capella’s coursework is designed for working nurses and provides an advanced level of support to help you reach degree completion. Earn your RN to BSN degree 100% online and on your own schedule.
- Professionally Aligned: Capella’s competency-based education is aligned with industry standards so you can apply your learning every step of the way. Gain the skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of patients and drive change in the ever-evolving healthcare landscape.
Save Thousands on Your Master's with a Combined Degree Option
With Capella's RN-to-BSN/MSN Combined Option, you can start building for your future by completing master's-level credit as your earn your online bachelor's degree. Finish both your BSN and MSN in just over 3 years — while saving thousands in tuition costs.
* Time to completion varies based on course load and transfer credit amounts.
With your Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Capella, you'll have the ability to conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations. You'll also learn to incorporate safety and quality practices and evidence-based practice interventions as well as understand the scope and role of policy, finance and regulatory environments. Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com
Common career outcomes with an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing include registered nurse, home health nurse, community health nurse, school nurse, industrial health nurse, case management nurse, or licensed practical nurse (LPN) instructor. Potential workplaces include: hospital, long-term care facility, home health agency, school, public health clinic, or government agency.
To learn more, call 1.877.295.6782, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
* Institute of Medicine. (2010). The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. Washington, DC: National Academies Press.
**The BSN degree programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.