Capella’s online DNP program prepares you to solve complex health care problems, shape systems of care and educate future generations of nurses. Unlike many online DNP programs, learning at Capella is completely online and flexible. Moreover, whereas PhD programs are research-based and incorporate topics such as advanced nursing theory and concepts, this online DNP program focuses on practical nursing contributions and is not research-based, allowing you to earn your degree faster.
Accreditation is an important credential to consider when embarking on any online DNP programs. Capella’s DNP program is not only CCNE accredited* but also incorporates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice. Additionally, Capella is a proud partner of the American Nurses Association. ANA has chosen Capella as a partner on the ANA Leadership Institute, providing nurse leadership development in a flexible format for nurses at the bedside or in the boardroom.
*The DNP degree program at Capella University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
- No Residency: The online DNP program at Capella does not require your participation in an in-person residency, therefore allowing you to spend more time with family and focus on any work commitments you may have.
- Practice Immersion: Knowledge in the classroom is immediately applicable with this flexible practice immersion option. You will be able to use the evidence-based methods you've learned through your coursework to solve real healthcare challenges.
- Save Time and Money: Maximize your investment and fund your degree through a number of money saving options including employer discounts and military benefits. Calculate your costs and graduation date.
- Online Learning: Enjoy an online curriculum with 24-hour access to courses that Capella’s virtual course room provides.
- Professionally Aligned: Our competency based education allows you to gain the relevant competencies that the employers of today require. Discover specifically what you'll learn, and how you can apply the knowledge and skills to make a direct impact on the lives of your patients and staff.
Have a Non-Nursing Master's Degree?
Whether you already have your MSN or a non nursing Masters degree, Capella can help you choose the right path to getting your DNP on a schedule that fits into your life. See our DNP Preparatory program to help transition to your DNP.
With your Doctorate in Nursing Practice from Capella, you'll have a science-based theoretical foundation from which to develop and evaluate new practices and approaches to health care delivery. You'll also be able to lead planning and implementation of health care technologies, as well as develop, implement, and advocate for health care policies that meet the needs of specific populations.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Common jobs with an online Doctorate in Nursing Practice include: nursing administrator, education consultant, chief nursing officer, health care director, lobbyist or legislative consultant, and nursing professor. Potential workplaces include: hospital, clinic, medical center, community health agency, community or technical college, land-based or online university, hospital-based school of nursing, government agency, and self-employment.