Expand your leadership responsibilities, shape systems of care, and educate future generations of nurses with Capella University’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. This CCNE-accredited* program is designed for nurses who are looking to enhance their administrative, organizational, and systems leadership skills while striving toward transforming patient care**.
Our online DNP program lets you to take the most direct path to your career goals and could allow you to save time and money by earning your degree in as little as two years. Additionally, our flexible online course room is designed for busy, working nurses looking to advance their careers while also balancing work and life commitments.
- Professionally Aligned: Our competency-based curriculum allows you to gain the relevant competencies that employers require. Discover specifically what you'll learn, and how you can apply the knowledge and skills to make a direct impact on the lives of your patients and staff.
- Credible: Capella’s DNP program is accredited* by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and incorporates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice.
- Expert faculty: Learners gain real-world perspectives and insights through a scholar-practitioner and competency-based model led by top faculty, renowned for both academic and industry expertise.
- Real-World Experience: Take knowledge from your coursework and apply it with Capella’s flexible practice immersion experience. Solve real-world health care challenges and meet your DNP requirements.
- Save Time and Money: Capella will recognize up to 500 hours from your previous post-baccalaureate experience towards your practice immersion requirement. Maximize your investment and help fund your degree through a number of money saving options including scholarships, employer discounts and military benefits. Estimate your costs and graduation date.
- Online Learning: Enjoy an online curriculum with 24-hour access to courses that Capella’s virtual course room provides.
*The DNP degree program at Capella University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
**The DNP is not a clinical degree program and is not designed to prepare advanced practice registered nurses for roles as nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, certified nurse midwives, or certified nurse anesthetists.
With your Doctorate in Nursing Practice from Capella, you'll have a science-based theoretical foundation from which to develop and evaluate new practices and approaches to health care delivery. You'll also be able to lead planning and implementation of health care technologies, as well as develop, implement, and advocate for health care policies that meet the needs of specific populations.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Common jobs with an online Doctorate in Nursing Practice include: nursing administrator, education consultant, chief nursing officer, health care director, lobbyist or legislative consultant, and nursing professor. Potential workplaces include: hospital, clinic, medical center, community health agency, community or technical college, land-based or online university, hospital-based school of nursing, government agency, and self-employment.