The MSN in Nursing Education specialization gives you the opportunity to develop the skills required to prepare future generations of nursing professionals at all levels, from an associate's to a doctoral degree. In this CCNE-accredited* program, you will acquire in-depth knowledge of nursing teaching/learning theory and practice in as little as two years. The curriculum is aligned to the National League for Nursing (NLN) Competencies for Nursing Education and also incorporates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) Essential of Master's Education in Nursing.
When you enroll in this program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about design, delivery, assessment, and evaluation of nursing education programs.
- Experience hands-on practice immersion as you use evidence-based methods to solve real academic challenges.
- Use what you learn to earn additional certifications, such as a CNE.**
The Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) is a meaningful nursing certification and credential that demonstrates competencies in all aspects of academic nursing education. When you earn a CNE, you show that your knowledge of nursing is recognized and professionally credible within the field of nursing.
Learners who successfully complete Capella's MSN in Nursing Education may be eligible to sit for the CNE exam offered by the National League for Nursing (NLN).
*The MSN degree programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
**The requirements for the Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education are designed to meet the educational requirements for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) credential offered by the NLN.
- Save Time and Money: There are a multitude of saving options available including scholarships, employer discounts and military benefits, as well as the flexibility to choose up to 3 courses per quarter. Calculate your costs and graduation date.
- Practice Immersion: In addition to your other coursework, the MSN Nursing Education program includes a flexible practice immersion, allowing for the immediate applicability of knowledge gained in the classroom.
- Online Learning: Enjoy an online curriculum with 24-hour access to courses that Capella’s virtual course room provides.
- Professionally Aligned: Capella’s competency-based education focuses on outcomes desired by today’s employers. You will develop the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to make change in the lives of your patients.
The MSN Nursing Education specialization is designed to prepare professional nurses for the advanced specialty role of a nursing educator and presents the theories, research, and best practices relevant to nursing education. Throughout their course work, learners develop the knowledge and skills required to facilitate learning; design, deliver, evaluate, and assess nursing education programs; and effectively assess and evaluate learners in a variety of educational settings. Successful graduates of this specialization are prepared to pursue roles as nurse educators in academic and health care settings.
Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Common jobs with an online MSN Nursing Education specialization include: nurse or staff educator, nursing instructor, nursing faculty (adjunct, part or full-time), training and development specialist, patient or clinical educator or professional development specialist. Potential workplaces include: hospital/clinic, long-term care facility, community or technical college, land-based or online college or university, medical center, home health care agency, community health agency, insure company or government—local, state, federal. Learn more about potential career outcomes.
To learn more, call 866.933.5955, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.