Total program credits needed for graduation: 84
One academic quarter is 3 months. You will have a 3-week break between each quarter.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5955, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
Practice Immersion Requirements
Minimum of 100 practice immersion hours.
In addition to your online courses, you will complete a hands-on Practice Immersion, allowing you to put the evidence-based methods acquired throughout your program into practice. Hours logged in the Practice Immersion will be time spent under the guidance of an approved preceptor, at your chosen site, meeting the MSN program outcomes and competencies.
32 quarter credits
- Introduction to Nursing Concepts (4 quarter credits)
- Health Assessment, Communication, and Collaboration for Quality Outcomes* (4 quarter credits)
- Introduction to Nursing Research and Technology* (4 quarter credits)
- Policy, Law, Ethics, and Regulations* (4 quarter credits)
- Organizational and Systems Leadership for Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Vulnerable and Diverse Populations* (4 quarter credits)
- Nursing Leadership and Management* (4 quarter credits)
- Nursing Bridge Integrative Project* (4 quarter credits)
32 quarter credits
- Professional Nursing Practice Framework, Scope, and Role (4 quarter credits)
- Policy, Regulations, and Ethics in Advanced Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Diversity and Advocacy in Professional Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Research and Technology for Advanced Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- Advanced Nursing Leadership and Management* (4 quarter credits)
- Evidence-Based Practice in Health Promotion and Disease Management and Prevention* (4 quarter credits)
- Practice Immersion* (4 quarter credits)
- Nursing Capstone Project* (4 quarter credits)
20 quarter credits
- Leadership and Management for Nurse Executives* (4 quarter credits)
- Health Care Quality and Safety Management* (4 quarter credits)
- Health Care Informatics and Technology* (4 quarter credits)
- Advanced Finance and Operations Management* (4 quarter credits)
- Leading the Future of Health Care* (4 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
+Learners are responsible for the cost of their travel, accommodations, food, and other expenses associated with this course.
The RN-to-MSN Nursing Leadership and Administration specialization requires certain conditions of enrollment that learners must maintain throughout their program, including a current, unrestricted RN license and submitting a background check (fees apply).
This Specialization is not designed to prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced practice licensure as a nurse.
North Carolina residents are advised that nurse educators must be National League of Nursing certified as a nurse educator or complete nine graduate credit hours of educational content coursework before they can teach.
What Can I Expect?
Most students take 1 to 2 courses at a time. One course typically requires 10 to 12 hours of study per week.
Courses are divided into 10 weekly units. Each unit consists of readings, discussions, and other activities you will be expected to complete throughout the week. Assignments are due on Sundays, though not every course requires an assignment each week.
In each course, you will receive a detailed scoring guide that describes expectations for every graded assignment.
Grades are based on your participation in weekly reading discussions and completion of assignments. You will also be assessed on your ability to demonstrate an understanding of expected outcomes for your program or specialization. These outcomes are based on the needs and performance standards of your field or discipline.
Learn more about online learning at Capella.