MS Master of Science in Education Special Education Teaching specialization
Total program credits needed for graduation: 58
24 quarter credits
- Survey of Research Methodology (4 quarter credits)
- Foundations of Educational Leadership (4 quarter credits)
- Standards-Based Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (4 quarter credits)
- Assessment and Improvement of Instruction (4 quarter credits)
- Classroom Management Strategies (4 quarter credits)
- Strategies for Eliminating the Achievement Gap (4 quarter credits)
22 quarter credits
- Foundations of Special Education (4 quarter credits)
- Assessment and Planning for Special Education Students (4 quarter credits)
- Instruction for Special Education Students (4 quarter credits)
- Communication, Consultation, and Collaboration for Special Education (4 quarter credits)
- Programming and Leadership for Diverse Groups Capstone*+ (6 quarter credits)
Learning Disabled (LD) Endorsement Courses
12 quarter credits
- Instruction for Learning Disabled Students (4 quarter credits)
- Foundations of Learning Disabilities (4 quarter credits)
- Assessment Practices and Programming for Students with Learning Disabilities (4 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
+Learners are required to pass the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Examinations (MTLE) prior to enrolling in ED5714. Learners are responsible for any costs associated with these examinations.
This specialization is not currently state-approved and will not lead to endorsement until state approval is received.
North Carolina residents are currently not eligible to enroll in this program.
There are many ways to reduce tuition costs, including transferring credits which can help save time and money. You can transfer up to 12 credits into this specialization.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.
Take a Single Course
You can enroll in any of our online courses without committing to a degree program. Simply sign up for a single course today — whether you're interested in a specific topic or just want to see if online learning is right for you. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5842 or email an enrollment counselor.