Acquire the kind of insight and expertise that's in high in-demand by top health care facilities, as you develop skills that can be applied immediately to today's complex health care challenges, with Capella University’s Master of Health Administration. The curriculum is designed around the National Center for Health Care Leadership Competency Model™ and features collaborative, practice-based learning. You'll be prepared to pursue leadership positions in a range of health care settings.
As you pursue Capella's MHA, you can earn a Health Care Administration Certificate simultaneously, within your first year — giving you a respected credential that you can obtain on the way to your master's degree.
Capella is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Higher Education Network.
- Direct Path: This degree can be completed in as little as 18 months. You can also simultaneously pursue a Health Care Administration Certificate within your first year—giving you a respected credential that you can obtain on the way to your master’s degree.
- Credible: Capella is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives Higher Education Network and the curriculum is aligned with the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL) Competency Model™.
- Immersive Learning: Put what you have learned into practice in Capella’s multidisciplinary simulation tool, RiverBend City. Develop the communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and decision-making skills you need by practicing them in a simulated health care environment.
- Faculty: All graduate level health sciences faculty hold a doctoral degree, plus all have worked or are working in the health care administration field.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom
With your Master's in General Health Administration from Capella, you'll facilitate a change process that effectively involves patients, communities and professionals in the improvement and delivery of health care and wellness. You'll also implement strategic planning and health care administration strategies for optimal organizational performance. Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
Health care will generate more than 4 million new jobs between 2010 and 2020 — making health care management one of the fastest growing and in-demand career fields. Prepare to take the lead with an MHA from Capella University.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Healthcare Employment Projections, 2012
Common jobs with an online Master's in General Health Administration include chief executive officer, chief nursing officer, department or division manager/supervisor, government relations director, health care consultant, health services manager, hospital administrator, nursing director, nurse manager, office manager or program manager. Potential workplaces include: ambulatory health care service, community care facility for the elderly, government health agency, health clinic, home health care service, hospital, insurance company, medical and diagnostic laboratory, nursing or residential care facility.
For a More In-Depth Study
With this area of study, Capella also offers a program concentration — an opportunity to delve deeper into your specific knowledge area. Your program concentration can be included in your transcript to potentially enhance career opportunities.
To learn more, call 866.739.7380, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.