Explore the knowledge and skills you need to lead at the top of your field as a nurse executive. Develop into a leader capable of managing health care quality and safety, supervising the finance and operations of the health care organization, leading health care innovations, and responding to health care challenges and trends.
An online MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration from Capella University can further strengthen you as an ethical, culturally aware health care leader, visionary, and risk-taker all while preparing you to pursue roles as a nurse executive in a variety of health care delivery settings.
- Direct Path: Complete your RN-to-MSN without accruing the cost or time to complete a BSN. Transfer up to 12 credits to save time and money.
- Accredited: Capella’s MSN program is accredited* by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Credible: Capella’s nursing leadership and administration curriculum integrates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during early coursework—then use those skills in your practice immersion as you gain the confidence to lead at the top of your field.
- Doctoral-Prepared Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
*The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
With your MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration, you'll learn to build high quality healthcare organizations that meet compliance and regulatory standards, create organizational cultures that support quality patient care and integrate nursing leadership theory and management skills to foster and promote ethical and legal health care delivery systems. Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Job Titles to Explore*
Individuals with an MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration can explore positions such as emergency department director, nursing executive, nursing faculty, director of nursing, chief nursing officer, head nurse or wellness program director. Potential workplaces include: hospital, clinic, medical center, home health care agency, community or technical college, land-based or online college or university or hospital-based school of nursing. Learn more about potential career outcomes.
To learn more, call 866.933.5955, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.