Do you see yourself in a rewarding, challenging health care leadership career? As the health care industry continues to evolve, leaders that can drive change and transform systems are in high demand, and that demand is growing.
Capella University’s Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration with a specialization in Leadership can provide the foundation to fulfill that goal, preparing you to advance or begin your career in health care administration. Aligned to best practices in health care leadership, our program is designed to help meet the needs of employers and prepares you to confidently pursue an administration career in hospitals, health care systems, ambulatory care, and more. This degree program builds knowledge and skills in health information management, financial management, leadership, and communications with a focus on health care. Focused health care stimulation experiences develop your ability to address a variety of concerns in a wide range of health care settings.
- Direct Path: Transfer credits from previous academic coursework may help you save time and money on your degree. Also, you may save money by taking your required bachelor's general education courses faster through Sophia Pathways, Capella’s self-paced learning partner. Just like at Capella, Sophia courses are offered online—you can take them whenever you like, at your own pace, for a fraction of the cost.
- Professionally Aligned: Our competency-based curriculum is designed around industry standards such as the Association of University Programs in Health Administration Competencies in order to prepare you to address the evolution resulting from health care reform.
- Credible: Capella is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives Higher Education Network.
- Immersive Learning: Put what you have learned into practice with Capella’s health care simulation tool. Develop the communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and decision-making skills you need by practicing them in a simulated health care environment. These skills will help you influence health care professionals and organizational processes, lead performance management, implement initiatives, and improve the effectiveness of health care organizations.
- Expert Faculty: Learners gain real-world perspectives and insights through a scholar-practitioner and competency-based model led by top faculty, recognized for both academic and industry expertise.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
With your Bachelor of Science in Health Administration from Capella, you'll have the ability to influence organizational strategy, improve patient and systems outcomes, and drive change. You’ll also learn to apply administrative, behavioral, and managerial theories and practices as they pertain to planning, innovation, leadership, and problem solving across the health care continuum. Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com
Common career outcomes with an online Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration include medical and health services manager, operations manager, provider relations coordinator, medical records manager, or clinic/practice administrative manager. Potential workplaces include: hospital, ambulatory care facility or health care facility.
To learn more, call 866.933.5962, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.