Care coordinators serve as a hub for information, navigation, and reassurance—serving patients with the best-quality care possible. Due to the Affordable Care Act, new initiatives have been introduced to improve health care and lower costs—shining light on the need for care coordination to ensure patients understand their medical conditions and can receive the quality care they need in a cost effective and efficient way.
An online MSN in Care Coordination from Capella University can prepare you to strengthen the relationship between patients and providers. You’ll learn to manage all aspects of transitional care, educate patients and their support system, navigate health and wellbeing issues during recovery, and foster a holistic view of patient health care among various providers.
- Direct Path: Transfer up to 12 credits to save time and money.
- Accredited: Capella’s MSN program is accredited* by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Credible: Capella’s care coordination curriculum is designed around Case Management Society of America (CMSA) Standards of Practice for Case Management and integrate the Patient Centered Medical Home model of care (PCMH) and American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during early coursework—then use those skills in your practice immersion as you gain the confidence to lead at the top of your field.
- Doctoral-Prepared Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
To learn more about this degree program, request information and we will match you with an enrollment counselor who specializes in your area of study.
*The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
With Capella’s MSN in Care Coordination, you’ll expand the skills you already have as a nurse to take an outcome-based role in coordinating care for a wide range of patients, allowing you to play an integral role in your organization’s clinical management team by leveraging skills—like setting up care plans and support structures—to improve patient outcomes. The care coordination program also includes 100 hours of practice immersion, so you can immediately put your learning to use.
Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Job Titles to Explore*
Potential careers with an MSN in Care Coordination include:
- Care coordinator
- Nurse navigator
- Nurse care manager
- Patient care coordinator
- Patient care educator
- Case manager
- Patient advocate
- Population care coordinator
With an MSN in Care Coordination you’ll build your networking opportunities as you work with many different departments and play an integral role in your organization’s clinical management team.
To learn more, call 866.933.5955, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.