More than ever, nursing education impacts the effectiveness and efficiency of health care delivery. As health care is transformed, nursing education needs to deliver curricula that blend both time-tested principles and innovations in the field.
Nursing educators are at the forefront of supporting the development of the knowledge, skills, and tools nurses need to deal with the evolving health care landscape. The quality of tomorrow’s patient care depends on the quality of nursing education that’s delivered today. In your online MSN* in Nursing Education from Capella University you’ll learn about design, delivery, assessment, and evaluation of nursing education programs that will shape 21st-century health care.
*The FlexPath option for this program is currently not approved for federal financial aid by the U.S. Department of Education (ED).
- Direct Path: Transfer up to 12 credits to help save time and money. Use what you learn to earn additional certification such as the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)*.
- Accredited: Capella’s MSN program is accredited** by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Credible: Capella’s nursing education curriculum is designed around the National League for Nursing (NLN) Competencies for Nursing Education and integrates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during early coursework—then use those skills in your practice immersion as you gain the confidence to lead at the top of your field.
- Doctoral-Prepared Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
*The requirements for the MSN in Nursing Education and Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education are designed to meet the educational requirements for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) credential offered by the NLN.
**The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
Two Options. One Affordable MSN Program
Capella provides two learning formats designed for busy, experienced nurses who want to build upon what they already know in the most efficient way.
You’ll have a more structured-learning approach with weekly coursework deadlines and assignments that allow you to move through each course with your classmates.
FlexPath can help you earn your degree on your own schedule, at your own pace—with the potential to save you time and money. FlexPath self-paced learning allows you to move quickly through subjects you’re more familiar with or more slowly as needed. You’ll develop the same mastery—and earn the same degree—as the GuidedPath option, only in a more efficient, more personalized way.
The MSN in Nursing Education is designed to prepare professional nurses for the advanced specialty role of a nursing educator and presents the theories, research, and best practices relevant to nursing education. Throughout their coursework, learners develop the knowledge and skills required to facilitate learning; design, deliver, evaluate, and assess nursing education programs; and effectively assess and evaluate learners in a variety of educational settings. Successful graduates of this specialization are prepared to pursue roles as nurse educators in academic and health care settings.
Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Related Job Titles to Explore
Individuals with an MSN in Nursing Education can explore positions such as nurse educator, nursing instructor, full-time nursing faculty, director of education, clinical nurse educator, adjunct or part-time nursing faculty. Potential workplaces include: land-based or online college or university, community or technical college, hospital, home health care agency, ambulatory care office, nursing care facilities, insurance company or government—local, state, federal. Learn more about potential career outcomes.
To learn more, call 877.537.9336, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.