Perhaps more than ever, nursing education is vital to the effective and efficient delivery of health care. As health care is transformed, nursing education needs to deliver curricula that blend both time-tested principles and innovations in the field.
Nursing educators are at the forefront of giving nurses the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to deal with the evolving health care landscape. The quality of tomorrow’s patient care depends on the quality of nursing education that’s delivered today. In your online MSN in Nursing Education from Capella University you’ll learn about design, delivery, assessment, and evaluation of nursing education programs that will shape 21st-century health care.
- Direct Path: Transfer up to 12 credits to save time and money. Use what you learn to earn additional certification such as the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)*.
- Accredited: Capella’s MSN program is accredited** by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Credible: Capella’s nursing education curriculum is designed around the National League for Nursing (NLN) Competencies for Nursing Education and integrates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during early coursework—then use those skills in your practice immersion as you gain the confidence to lead at the top of your field.
- Doctoral-Prepared Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
*The requirements for the Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education are designed to meet the educational requirements for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) credential offered by the NLN.
**The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
The MSN in Nursing Education is designed to prepare professional nurses for the advanced specialty role of a nursing educator and presents the theories, research, and best practices relevant to nursing education. Throughout their course work, learners develop the knowledge and skills required to facilitate learning; design, deliver, evaluate, and assess nursing education programs; and effectively assess and evaluate learners in a variety of educational settings. Successful graduates of this specialization are prepared to pursue roles as nurse educators in academic and health care settings.
Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Job Titles to Explore*
Individuals with an MSN in Nursing Education can explore positions such as nurse or staff educator, nursing instructor, nursing faculty (adjunct, part or full time), training and development specialist, patient or clinical educator or professional development specialist. Potential workplaces include: hospital/clinic, long-term care facility, community or technical college, land-based or online college or university, medical center, home health care agency, community health agency, insure company or government—local, state, federal. Learn more about potential career outcomes.
To learn more, call 866.933.5955, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.