Explore the knowledge and skills you need to lead at the top of your field as a nurse executive. Develop into a leader capable of managing health care quality and safety, overseeing the finance and operations of a health care organization, leading health care innovations, and responding to health care challenges and trends.
An online MSN* in Nursing Leadership and Administration from Capella University can further strengthen you as an ethical, culturally aware health care leader, visionary, and risk-taker all while preparing you to pursue roles as a nurse executive in a variety of health care delivery settings.
*The FlexPath option for this program is currently not approved for federal financial aid by the U.S. Department of Education (ED).
- Direct Path: Transfer up to 12 credits to help you save time and money.
- Accredited: Capella’s MSN program is accredited* by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Credible: Capella’s nursing leadership and administration curriculum integrates the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s (AACN) Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing.
- Real-World Experience: Practice real-life scenarios in a fail-safe, virtual health care environment during early coursework—then use those skills in your practice immersion as you gain the confidence to lead at the top of your field.
- Doctoral-Prepared Faculty: Provide comprehensive feedback on your work, encourage different ways of thinking, and deliver insight into how well you’re demonstrating competencies.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
*The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
Two Options. One Affordable MSN Program
Capella provides two learning formats designed for busy, experienced nurses who want to build upon what they already know in the most efficient way.
You’ll have a more structured-learning approach with weekly coursework deadlines and assignments that allow you to move through each course with your classmates. Each course has a per-credit-tuition rate.
FlexPath can help you earn your degree on your own schedule, at your own pace—with the potential to save you time and money. FlexPath self-paced learning allows you to move quickly through subjects you’re more familiar with or more slowly as needed. You’ll develop the same mastery—and earn the same degree—as the GuidedPath option, only in a more efficient, more personalized way. Learn more about FlexPath self-paced learning.
With your Master in Nursing Leadership and Administration, you'll learn to build high quality health care organizations that meet compliance and regulatory standards, create organizational cultures that supports quality patient care and integrates leadership theory and management skills to foster effective and efficient health care delivery systems. Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.
Related Job Titles to Explore
Individuals with an MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration can explore positions such as, nurse manager/administrator, nurse educator, clinical manager, nurse supervisor, director of nursing, health director/manager, or chief nursing officer. Potential workplaces include: hospital, home health care agency, community or technical college, insurance company, ambulatory care office, nursing care facilities, land-based or online college or university or government—local, state, and federal. Learn more about a potential career outcomes.
To learn more, call 855.482.0286, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.